- Funding program Investment Road and Rail Program
- Status Completed
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Early 2011 - Early 2018
- Estimated project cost $6,347,000
- Australian Government contribution $6,347,000
- Local Council/Shire Burdekin Shire Council,Hinchinbrook Shire Council,Townsville City Council,Cairns Regional Council,Cassowary Coast Regional Council,Mackay Regional Council,Whitsunday Regional Council
- State QLD
- Corridor Brisbane - Cairns
This project involved the construction of new rest areas, vehicle stopping places and audible edge lines between Sarina and Cairns.
The new rest areas will enhance safety for road users, especially heavy vehicle operators.
The Australian Government provided $6,347,000 million to the project.
Construction commenced in April 2011 and was completed in early 2018.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.