- Funding program Investment Road and Rail Program
- Status Completed
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Mid 2011 - Mid 2016
- Estimated project cost $67,800,000
- Australian Government contribution $67,800,000
- Local Council/Shire Burdekin Shire Council,Hinchinbrook Shire Council,Townsville City Council,Cairns Regional Council,Cassowary Coast Regional Council,Mackay Regional Council,Whitsunday Regional Council
- State QLD
- Corridor Brisbane - Cairns
The project involved the construction of new overtaking lanes between Sarina and Cairns.
The works will improve safety and reduce travel times on the Bruce Highway.
The Australian Government is providing $67.8 million to the project.
Construction commenced on the first of the overtaking lane projects in June 2011 and works were completed in June 2016.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.