- Funding program Investment Road and Rail Program
- Status Completed
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Early 2011 - Mid 2017
- Estimated project cost $107,200,000
- Australian Government contribution $107,200,000
- Local Council/Shire Bundaberg Regional Council,Fraser Coast Regional Council,Gladstone Regional Council,Gympie Regional Council,Isaac Regional Council,Rockhampton Regional Council
- State QLD
- Corridor Brisbane - Cairns
This project involved the construction of new overtaking lanes between Curra and Sarina.
The new overtaking opportunities will improve safety and reduce travel times on the Bruce Highway.
The Australian Government provided $107.2 million to the project.
Construction commenced on the first of the overtaking lane projects in March 2011 and was completed in May 2017.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.