- Funding program Investment Road and Rail Program
- Status Under construction
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Mid 2016 - Late 2023
- Estimated project cost $109,050,000
- Australian Government contribution $87,240,000
- Local Council/Shire Burdekin Shire Council,Hinchinbrook Shire Council,Toowoomba Regional Council
- State QLD
- Corridor Brisbane - Cairns
This project involves pavement widening and strengthening works, including wide-centre line treatments, on high priority sections of the Bruce Highway between Home Hill and Ingham.
The pavement widening will be combined with the application of wide centre line treatments to separate vehicles on two lane sections of the Highway, greatly reducing the risk of head on type crashes.
The Australian Government has committed up to $87.24 million to the project, in partnership with the Queensland Government.
Works commenced in June 2016 and will be completed progressively through until late 2023, weather permitting.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.