- Funding program Investment Road and Rail Program
- Status Under construction
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Early 2015 - Mid 2028
- Estimated project cost $1,010,483,866
- Australian Government contribution $808,387,093
- Local Council/Shire Brisbane City Council,Burdekin Shire Council,Hinchinbrook Shire Council,Townsville City Council,Bundaberg Regional Council,Cairns Regional Council,Cassowary Coast Regional Council,Fraser Coast Regional Council,Gladstone Regional Council,Gympie Regional Council,Isaac Regional Council,Mackay Regional Council,Moreton Bay Regional Council,Rockhampton Regional Council,Sunshine Coast Regional Council,Whitsunday Regional Council
- State QLD
- Corridor Brisbane - Cairns
The Bruce Highway Safety Package aims to improve the overall safety of the highway by upgrading high-risk safety locations with appropriate treatments. Types of work currently included as a part of this package are:
- installation of safety barriers
- wide centre line treatments
- removal of roadside hazards
- intersection improvements
- upgrades improvements to signs, lines and guidance systems
When complete, the benefits of the Safety Package are expected to include:
- reduced number of crashes on the Bruce Highway
- reduced possibility of conflicts between right-turning traffic and through traffic
- improved driver visibility overall improved road safety
The Australian Government has committed to provide up to $808.39 million towards the Bruce Highway Safety Package, in partnership with the Queensland Government.
The first of the safety works commenced in January 2015. The package will be progressively rolled out through to 2027-28.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.