- Funding program Investment Road and Rail Program
- Status Completed
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Mid 2016 - Early 2017
- Estimated project cost $8,500,000
- Australian Government contribution $6,800,000
- Local Council/Shire Cassowary Coast Regional Council
- State QLD
- Corridor Brisbane - Cairns
The project involved the replacement of an existing single-span deteriorated bridge with a new single-span concrete bridge. The scope of the project comprised:
- Replacement of both the super-structure and sub-structure at the existing 19.95 metre long single-span concrete bridge with a 25 metre long single-span concrete bridge at approximately existing level
- Approximately 380 metres of pavement transition at approach roads either side
- Construction of a temporary side track to provide traffic with continued highway access during the construction phase
The project will provide travel time savings for freight and passenger vehicles. Freight and passenger connectivity will be maintained on the Bruce Highway, along with a safe and sustainable access to the tranposrt network.
The Australian Government committed $6.8 million towards the project, in partnership with the Queensland Government.
Construction commenced in May 2016 and was completed February 2017.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.