- Funding program Northern Australia Beef Roads Program
- Status Completed
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Mid 2018 - Late 2018
- Estimated project cost $3,220,000
- Australian Government contribution $2,580,000
- Local Council/Shire Cloncurry Shire Council
- State QLD
The Cloncurry - Dajarra Road is a north-east to south-west road linking the Barkly Highway and the Diamantina Developmental Road, servicing a number of cattle grazing and production areas in northern Queensland.
The project consists of approximately 4.5km of progressive sealing works on unsealed sections of the road to improve productivity and safety in the region.
The project will deliver the following improvements to the cattle supply chain:
- improved productivity and travel times by sealing unsealed sections of road
- improved road safety by providing adequate seal width for overtaking and passing of vehicles and improving visibility by reducing dust and flying rock
- reduced road roughness and damage to cattle
- improved accessibility by sealing unsealed sections of road supporting high-productivity vehicle access
- improved road reliability by reducing instances of vehicles getting bogged in wet unsealed pavements
- reduced whole-of-life asset management costs
The Australian Government has committed up to $2.58 million towards this $3.22 million project.
Construction commenced in July 2018 and was completed in December 2018.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.