- Funding program Northern Australia Beef Roads Program
- Status Completed
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Late 2018 - Mid 2019
- Estimated project cost $3,710,000
- Australian Government contribution $2,970,000
- Local Council/Shire Richmond Shire Council,Winton Shire Council
- State QLD
The Richmond-Winton Road is part of the inland road network that links cattle properties to major freight routes of the Landsborough and Flinders highways.
The package will provide approximately 7.5km of progressive sealing on unsealed sections of the Richmond-Winton Road. In conjunction with Package two, a total of 9.5km of the Road will be sealed, providing a high level of benefits to the Queensland beef industry.
The project will deliver the following benefits to the cattle supply chain:
- improved productivity and travel times by sealing unsealed sections of road
- reduced damage and stress to livestock by reducing road roughness and dust generation
- improved road safety by improving the road surface
- reduced vehicle damage and operating costs
- improved route reliability and reduced road closures during the wet season
- reduced whole-of-life asset management costs
The Australian Government has committed up to $2.97 million towards this $3.71 million project.
Construction commenced in late 2018 and was completed in June 2019.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.