- Funding program Investment Road and Rail Program
- Status Under construction
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Late 2020 - Late 2023
- Estimated project cost $7,230,000
- Australian Government contribution $5,784,000
- Local Council/Shire Cassowary Coast Regional Council
- State QLD
- Corridor Brisbane - Cairns
The project will involve the construction of a signalised four-way intersection at the Babinda intersection.
The Australian Government has committed up to $5.8 million towards the project in partnership with the Queensland Government.
Construction on stage one commence in October 2020. Stage two is expected to commence in mid 2022. The project is expected to be completed in Late 2023, weather permitting.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.