- Funding program Investment Road and Rail Program
- Status Under construction
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Late 2021 - Late 2028
- Estimated project cost $15,800,000,000
- Australian Government contribution $1,750,000,000
- Local Council/Shire Banyule City Council,City of Boroondara,Manningham City Council,Whitehorse City Council,Yarra City Council
- State VIC
The project will construct a new motorway between the M80 Ring Road at Greensborough and the Eastern Freeway at Bulleen Road. It will also widen and upgrade the Eastern Freeway.
The project will provide Melbourne with a complete orbital road connection for the first time and will increase capacity on the Eastern Freeway. It will improve access and reduce travel times for both freight and commuter traffic and will take trucks off local streets in Melbourne's northern suburbs.
The Australian Government has committed up to $1.75 billion to the project.
The project commenced construction in late 2021 and is expected to be completed in late 2028.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.