- Funding program Investment Road and Rail Program
- Status Under construction
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish July 2021 - Late 2023
- Estimated project cost $280,000,000
- Australian Government contribution $224,000,000
- Local Council/Shire Townsville City Council
- State QLD
- Corridor Townsville - Mount Isa
The Townsville Ring Road - Stage 5 project will duplicate six kilometres of the Bruce Highway, the only remaining two-lane, undivided carriageway section of the 22 kilometre Townsville Ring Road. It will also include a new interchange at local road, Beck Drive.
The duplication of this section and the new interchange will reduce congestion and improve freight efficiency and road safety for all road users.
The Australian Government has committed up to $224 million towards the project.
Construction has commenced in July 2021 and is expected to be completed by late 2023, weather permitting.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.