- Funding program Roads of Strategic Importance
- Status In planning
- Transport mode Road
- Estimated project cost $80,000,000
- Australian Government contribution $64,000,000
- Local Council/Shire Livingstone Shire Council,Rockhampton Regional Council
- State QLD
The project will deliver targeted upgrades, including duplicating sections of Yeppoon Road.
The project is expected to:
- increase economic productivity by reducing costs to industry through better efficiency on the route and lower travel times
- improve road safety by reducing unsafe overtaking and the associated risks of head-on collisions
- increase route capacity to accommodate future growth in traffic volume through increases economic activity in the region
The Australian Government will contribute up to 80 per cent, capped at $64 million.
The delivery schedule will be determined as planning on the project progresses and in consultation with the Queensland Government.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.