- Funding program Major Project Business Case
- Status Underway
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Early 2021 - Mid 2023
- Estimated project cost $5,000,000
- Australian Government contribution $5,000,000
- Local Council/Shire Sunshine Coast Regional Council
- State QLD
The project will provide an assessment to identify deficiencies and upgrade needs in the Southern Sunshine Coast area to provide options for future road upgrades that will aim to improve safety, network resilience and efficiency. The project will also deliver business cases for two priority projects: Kawana Motorway – Mooloolah River Interchange to Kawana Way Link Road and Caloundra Road/Kawana Way Link Road/Bells Creek Arterial Road Intersection.
The projects considered in this study may provide the following benefits:
- Improved safety
- Reduced congestion
- Reduced delays
- Reduced reliance on the Bruce Highway for local trips
- Improved network resilience
- Improved active and public transport facilities
The Australian Government is contributing $5 million to the project.
The study commenced in early 2021, with completion expected in mid 2023.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.