- Funding program Roads of Strategic Importance
- Status Under construction
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Mid 2021 - Early 2024
- Australian Government contribution $31,850,000
- Local Council/Shire Whitsunday Regional Council
- State QLD
The project will deliver targeted upgrades to Shute Harbour Road.
The benefits of this project include:
- increase economic productivity by reducing costs to industry through better efficiency on the route and lower travel times
- improve road safety and access
- increase route capacity to accommodate future growth in traffic volume through increases economic activity in the region
The Australian Government has increased its funding commitment from $29.6 million to $31.85 million towards this project.
The Project is expected to commence by mid-2023 and is expected to be completed by early 2024, weather permitting.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.