- Funding program Roads of Strategic Importance
- Status Completed
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Mid 2020 - Early 2022
- Estimated project cost $8,538,000
- Australian Government contribution $8,538,000
- Local Council/Shire Katherine Town Council
- State NT
Upgrades to roads on the Northern Territory section of the Newman to Katherine road corridor involving strengthening, widening and resurfacing works on the Victoria Highway.
This project includes bituminous resurfacing on various sections between chainages 42 and 59km and pavement strengthening and widening and bituminous resurfacing between chainages 82 and 87km.
• Improved freight efficiency, connectivity and travel time
• Improved road safety
• Improved economic productivity
• Improved flood immunity
• Reduced road repair and maintenance costs.
Works are funded under the Roads of Strategic Importance (ROSI) initiative. The Australian Government will contribute $8.5 million to the project.
The project commenced construction in May 2020 and completed in January 2022.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.