- Funding program Roads of Strategic Importance
- Status Completed
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Early 2020 - Late 2020
- Estimated project cost $895,000
- Australian Government contribution $895,000
- State NT
Upgrades to roads on the Northern Territory section of the Tennant Creek to Townsville road corridor involving strengthening and widening, and resurfacing works. Early works cover sections of the Barkly Highway between chainages 117.0-121.5km and 146.3-152.8km.
• Improved freight efficiency, connectivity and travel time.
• Improved road safety.
• Improved economic productivity.
• Improved flood immunity.
• Reduced road repair and maintenance costs.
Works are funded under the Roads of Strategic Importance (ROSI) initiative. The Australian Government will contribute $895,000 to the project.
The project commenced in early 2020 and reached practical completion in late 2020.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.