- Funding program Roads of Strategic Importance
- Status Under construction
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Late 2019 - Mid 2024
- Estimated project cost $93,750,000
- Australian Government contribution $75,000,000
- State WA
The Alice Springs to Halls Creek corridor is a cross jurisdictional link route that includes the Stuart Highway, Tanami Road, Browns Range Road, and surrounding roads.
The project will deliver targeted upgrades to the Western Australia section of the corridor through the following projects:
• Duncan Road and Gordon Downs Road Upgrade; and the
• Tanami Road Upgrade.
Upgrades to this corridor will provide the following benefits:
• provide a more reliable and safe road network, especially during the wet season;
• improve access for higher capacity vehicles;
• better connect regional communities; and
• facilitate other economic opportunities, including mining, agriculture and tourism.
The Australian Government is providing $75 million towards this Roads of Strategic Importance initiative.
Projects along this corridor have commenced construction and are expected to be completed by mid 2024.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.