- Funding program Investment Road and Rail Program
- Status In planning
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Mid 2024 - Late 2025
- Estimated project cost $50,000,000
- Australian Government contribution $40,000,000
- Local Council/Shire Devonport City Council,Latrobe Council,Meander Valley Council
- State TAS
The Bass Highway is a key link for freight, tourism and people movement between the far north west of Tasmania and the key ports of Burnie and Devonport and further to Launceston and Hobart. This project will deliver targeted upgrades between Deloraine and Devonport to improve road safety, reduce congestion and improve travel times along this key section of the highway.
- Improved road safety for all road users.
- Reduced congestion and improve travel times.
- Improved efficiency and network reliability.
The Australian Government has committed $40 million towards the project.
Construction is expected to commence mid 2024 and be completed by late 2025.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.